Wednesday 12 September 2012

Star Wars Detours

As some of you may know, I follow the powerhouse of all that's good with sci-fi and fantasy (otherwise known as 'Amy Ratcliffe') both here and Twitter...Recently she has updated her Blogness with more gusto than I can keep track of...But some of her posts I found I replied to with just as much to say as the original post!

It's not a boast, by any means, but when there's something to say, I may as well share my view(s) with whoever else can listen! Hehe

And yes, there are two I want to share...But first things first!

'STAR WARS DETOURS!'

It's the new animated series coming from Lucasfilm, created by Seth Green with collaboration from George Lucas himself! If you're familiar with Green, then you may suppose that it'll be humour-based? And you'd be right! It's an amusing look at day-to-day life in the 'Star Wars' galaxy, where the characters we know and love have become more like charicatures. The series is also non-canon, but like many things it has automatically gathered more critics than a Sarlacc has victims!

(Yes, I wanted a 'Star Wars' simile in there! Shush! XD)

The point is; it was revealed at Celebration VI last month and straight away gained negativity...Something that annoyed many of the open-minded of us who are willing to give it the chance it deserves. Here's Amy's Blog on the matter:

http://geekfemme.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/give-star-wars-detours-chance.html

(Now here's where I more-or-less paraphrase my reply to her:)

I've been a 'Star Wars' fan for as long as I can remember (seriously) and if there's one thing that irritates me it's the people Amy has mentioned that bemoan and complain about anything new...It's the same with other franchises, but when something different comes along, they seem to forget that the key word is 'different'...! XD

I've constantly come across people who say they like 'Star Wars', but these days still shoot down 'The Clone Wars' and even continue to moan about the prequels (which is getting *very* old now...) now, I don't mind if people don't like something, but if they aren't willing to *accept* them, some may say they have a problem...!

(Apologies if *I* sound like I'm moaning too! XD Haha)

Thankfully I haven't come across anyone in person that has bemoaned 'Star Wars: Detours' just yet, but no doubt I will and when I do, I'll direct them to your words, Amy. ^^ (Which I'm now doing!)

Even though I never got to go to Celebration VI, personally I can't wait to check the series out! Mainly because I love Seth Green's comedy anyway and a collaboration with Lucas himself, as Amy points out, must have some gravitas! (Plus, it will do nothing to the official canon at all as the ball-bouncingly funny trailer shows!)

If only a lot more 'Star Wars' fans were more open-minded and willing to try new things and generally more accepting...Then perhaps I wouldn't have watched the announcement trailer for the first time half-thinking 'this is going to annoy some of them, I know it...' Because by the looks of it, it's going to do exactly what it's supposed to do; make laughter and make it enjoyable! And there's nothin' wrong with that! Can't wait! ^^


And that's the end of the 'reply'! Which I still stand by...But since I posted that, I found all the clips that were released online. So for your convenience, here they are (including the trailer to start off with)! See what you think! ^^










Of course it's fine to have first impressions, but (especially) if you're a big 'Star Wars' fan, then there's no reason not to give it a try! ^^


AM

(Many thanks and maybe apologies for Ms. Ratcliffe! XD)

No comments:

Post a Comment